Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Drug Testing and Poker Playing

As stated in an earlier post, I will not glory in Jeremy Mayfield's problems and I hope he gets the help he needs. One kind of help he could use is apparently better legal representation. Or maybe some time watching the World Series of Poker since he has plenty of time on his hands these days.

If you're going to go all in, you better have the winning hand. Jeremy did and apparently he didnt. Nascar bet and Jeremy went all in. And Nascar called.

In poker they call it "the nuts" -- having the cards. I had to believe all along Nascar had the nuts. After being painted into a corner on drug testing, I felt there was no way they would out a driver of his profile without the nuts. They are too image conscious to get caught in that trap.

Now we know the drug in question-meth. And according to reports Jeremy tested positive for meth again, with levels consistent with a habitual user. And a sworn affadavit by his stepmother of her personally witnessing his using over a long period of time.

I simply want justice. I want fairness. I want the truth. I want safe racing. Sometimes the path to justice, fairness, truth, and safe racing is a dirty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment