Sunday, August 30, 2009

West Coast Schaefer

With recent successes by hall-of-famers Rookie and UDR to spread the Schaefer influence, the pressure was on me to step-up. I flew to San Diego today and had tentative plans to meet up with a fellow Petty fan out here. Because I knew Schaefer wasn't distributed out here, I took matters into my own hands and packed a few in my suitcase so we could share some.

I was very pleased when I unpacked how cool the cans still were even after a 4 hour flight. I guess a chilled can, wrapped in socks in the middle of a suitcase, and in the belly of a plane flying at below freezing temps keeps a beer relatively frosty.

Unfortunately, my bud wasn't able to make the trip from LA to San Diego. However, did that deter me from cracking a Schaef anyway? No way.

After having one, I spent a bit of time walking around and having dinner. Upon returning to the room, it seemed only appropriate to have a Schaefer night cap. Because as the jingle says: "Schaefer is the one beer to have when you are having more than one."



A west coast toast to fellow Schaefer fans and my Hall of Fame Homeys UDR and Rookie! Sal-oot!

TMC

1 comment: