Driving #41, Paschal won the pole and dominated the race. He led 192 of the 200 laps and lapped the field en route to the win. Sixth-place starter Petty in his familiar #43 led the remaining 8 laps leaving nothing for the rest of the 21-car field. Maurice Petty - Richard's brother, Petty Enterprises engine builder, and soon-to-be-inducted NASCAR Hall of Famer - started ninth in a third #42 Petty Plymouth but finished 14th after spinning and getting clobbered by Ned Jarrett.
|Source: Wilmington Morning Star via Google News Archive|
- 1955 - Lee Petty wins at Tri-City Speedway in High Point, NC in November 1954.
- 1959 - Bob Welborn wins at Champion Speedway in Fayetteville, NC in November 1958 driving a Chevy for Julian Petty.
- 1963 - Jim Paschal wins in Birmingham in November 1962.
- 1966 - Richard Petty wins in Augusta, GA in November 1965.
- 1967 - Richard Petty wins again in Augusta, GA in November 1966.
- 1969 - Richard Petty wins in Macon, GA in November 196.