Thursday, February 5, 2009

2009 Daytona 500 ... an uh-oh moment for me

Just realized that I'll be somewhere other than in front of my Samsung DLP on February 15th when the green flag drops on the Daytona 500. I agreed to go with my son's boy scout troop on a ski trip to Sugar Mountain, NC that weekend. I'll also miss the Busch...ummm...Nationwide race on Saturday. Crap.

I don't ski. I'm simply going to assist with driving, supervision, and discipline. Perhaps I can find a place to hang out and watch the race while the boys and other adults ski. We're going to North Carolina for Pete's sake. Surely I'll be able to find the race on TV somewhere.

If I can find a place to watch it, that only solves half my dilemma. How am I going to spend 3 hours on Saturday or 4 hours on Sunday watching the races alone or with other racing fans that I'll meet those days and not be able to drink beer?

These challenges are on top of the fact my son and I will be gone on Valentine's Day weekend and away from our wife/mother.

What to do. Oh what to do.

TMC

No comments:

Post a Comment