Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Lonely End of The Rink

My Nashville Predators may not make the NHL playoffs. Because of a scoring drought in the middle part of the season resulting in several losses, their playoff fate is now in the hands of other teams. And that is not a comfortable feeling.

However, teams often have mini-playoffs within the regular season. The Preds won their season series with the Wings 4-2. The wins included:
  • 3 Pred wins in a row against the defending Stanley Cup champs
  • an 8-0 beat down of the Wings in Nashville
  • 2 consecutive wins at the Joe including tonight's shootout victory
So for my fellow crew chief banktruck and the goalies of the Detroit Red Wings - Chris Osgood and Ty Conklin, I give you The Tragically Hip's The Lonely End of the Rink...



Spare me the reminder that the Wings are the defending cup champs. I know it & I get it. But over the 10 year history of the Preds, its often hard to talk justifiable trash against the Wings. So I'll take it where I can get it.

TMC

No comments:

Post a Comment